Saturday, December 26, 2009

In the hospital

Hi everyone.  This'll be quick because I'm on little sleep and spent almost the whole day in the hospital.
This whole G tube thing will probably be happening within days.
Leah pretty much stopped eating mid-Christmas day.  We have the equipment to put an NG tube down into her belly to feed her but I think her throat is so swollen that the tube was kinking on its way down.  So today we packed her up and drove into DC to go to Children's.
Even in the ER it took 2 different nurses to get a tube down, and they had to use one with a stylus (I think that's what it's called .... its a flexible, yet somewhat stiff metal wire that goes inside the tube to help it get down) and had to sit her up and flex Leahs head forward to get it down. 
So she's on our old 'home' floor, the Respiratory Care Unit (RCU).  She's only there because she has a trach .... not because she's having any kind of trach issues.  One of our favorite nurses from when we were there in July was working and was so happy to see how big Leah has gotten.  And she was surprised we remembered her, but how could we not?! She took care of Leah for 4 days straight and was so great with her back in the summer when we basically lived at the hospital.

Jeff is there with her now while I came home to sleep and will head back to the hospital as soon as I get up tomorrow and pack up whatever we'll need for the day. 

So please please please please pray for Leah ........... this house is always so cold and lonely without my little girl here.  I want her back home with me, all better and ready to start packing on some pounds.

5 comments:

Janel said...

NOT what I wanted to hear!! I am praying really hard for all of you!! Please let us know how everything goes!

Linda said...

Sure hope you got some rest last night. You will need it over the next few days. Praying, praying for our precious little girl. I love you guys so much. Hang in there and know that we all love you so much. God will continue to watch over this special little girl. No fears, no worries. God is Good all the time. Give Leah a big kiss for me. Love Mom XOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

We are thinking and praying for all of you. Hang in there Meghann, you and Jeff are doing a great job. We pray for Leah to have extra strength and stamina duringg this time and for God to hold her close for peace and comfort. Hoping you all will be back home ASAP!! Love you all, Aunt Penny

trooppetrie said...

praying that they can help her. praying you are able to rest while you are home

WendyBee said...

Dear Meghan, Jeff, Leah
I found you through Jonah's blog. You have my prayers for God's blessings.
With love, WendyBee

Related Posts with Thumbnails