Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Leah's Memory Box & Abbi's Video

The small bookcase in our living room used to store trachs and bandaging supplies ......... now it's still for Leah:



The top shelf holds her memory box, a butterfly candleholder, Precious Moments figurine, and a picture of Leah.




This is her memory box.  The butterfly with the blue wings is a finger puppet that she loved.  The cross is from her Christening cake.  Two of her favorite 'baby binkies' lay on top of a blanket: the blanket I held her in as she passed away.


The Precious Moments figurine is called 'We Are Gods Workmanship'. 




And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:6-10




This is a video I found on YouTube about Abbi White-Hulce - the 11 year old girl who passed away from EB just days after Leah passed.




It is extremely hard for me to listen to - but it's worth it to hear the part when Abbi's Mom says Abbi wanted to go live with Jesus because He will 'take her boo-boo's away'. 


12 comments:

Lisa said...

the memory box is beautiful. What a wonderful way to show all of the special things that are connected to Leah. thank you so much for sharing and I am hoping that today is a better day and somehow you will find a smile.
be well...
Lisa :)

Jill said...

The memory box for Leah is beautiful and filled with so much love. Thank you for sharing. I watched Abbi's video and am filled with tears. It is amazing how that incredible girl touched her moms life. I love when she mentions that her daughter was supposed to be born and how she dreamt of her before she was even conceived.

Anonymous said...

Leah was absolutely beautiful. I am still praying for y'all.

Linda said...

The memory box is so beautiful. It holds some things that Leah really loved. Her little puppet and of course her binkies.
The video was a little hard to watch, but all of the pictures of these EB children are hard to look at. I HATE eb with every fiber of my being.
Praying for you Meg and Jeff. Hope that God continues to comfort your hearts. Feel his love. Love Mom

Belinda said...

The memory box filled with Leah's special things is beautiful as well as such a wonderful way to show all the speciial things Leah loved so much. Thank you so very much for sharing Abbi's video that brought tears. I am praying for you and will always hold a special place in my heart for Leah. God Bless You !!! Love,Belinda

Debbie,mother of two said...

I love the memory box it is beautiful. What a nice way to keep the things so close to you. I am praying for you and your family. I follow Jonah and learned about Leah in Dec. and have been following since. Thanks for sharing Abbi's story. I will be praying for them. We need to keep this is our thoughts for a healing of these children. We need a cure for EB. Leah had some special parents that loved her very much. Debbie

MWalker said...

Leah's memory box is beautiful. Thanks you for sharing your heart with us. I pray Peace and Comfort for you and your husband from our dear Lord.
~Megan

Lisa and Stanci said...

You don't know me but I found your blog through another friend. I just had to comment to say how sorry I am about your loss.

Unbelievably, I took care of Abbi here at Children's Hospital in Colorado and was bawling my eyes out during the video. I was meant to stumble upon your site!

Maria B. said...

I just want to let you know that I visited your page and I was touched by your daughter's story. My son has SMA. I showed my son your daughter's photos and let him listen to the video of Abbi. I will regularly come and visit your site. Thank you for sharing your daughter's life. Hugs and prayers from Jojo's Mom.

Carol said...

I love your memory box and that you are keeping some of her special things out. She will always be with you and it is wonderful to remember her! Abbi's video is so touching. Each child is a gift, not ours to keep for as long as we want, but you parents work so hard and take such good care of your kids. Makes my life seem so very easy and so very blessed. Take care of yourselves too!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you but I knew Abbi. I just wanted to say that the memory box is a beautiful way to honor your baby girl. She was a gift from god and was here to teach you what love is really about. Her and Abbi are flying free and watching over all of us. No more boo-boos, no more bandages, no more pain. They are free. God Bless you

Liz coffey said...

I just found your site tonight after telling my uncle about abbi. She is such ans amazing girl!!! Kurt and cris were blessed with her and I hope to see her story on your site in the futyre still. Leah looked so precious and I can imagine she is smiling down on you all right now :) thanks you so much for sharing your difficult time with us and for also keeping leah and abbi's memory going. God bless

Related Posts with Thumbnails