Friday, October 8, 2010

People are Awesome

So, first of all; I have been getting comments from some new folks to the blog here - so I wanted to say 'Welcome!'.  I don't know what's causing the sudden surge in new readers, commenter's and blog traffic but I'll take it!  I mean, I'm clearly no Pioneer Woman by any stretch of the imagination but even so; I love to have new readers.

Then, on to the awesomeness of some people, in order of occurrence, not necessarily awesomeness:

Over the weekend a long-time family friend sent me this photo she took at a butterfly memorial garden:


She said it reminded her of Leah, and of our family so she wanted to pass it along.
I love that the little butterflies wings have hearts on them ..........

Then on Tuesday, one of my readers and Facebook buddies did a balloon release for Leah!  Diane was celebrating her own little girls birthday, and had Leah on her heart.
Here is Leah's beautiful balloon:


And here is adorable Jordan with the balloon:


And then there it goes!



Then ..... and this is the crazy one .......

So yesterday morning I'm walking to work with my iPod on.  I came across some Celtic music that I have on there and it reminded me of a little anecdote I wanted to include in the book I'm working on about Leah.  (Yes, I'm still working on it).  The anecdote involves the life of my Irish born great-great grandmother and her life.
(When the book comes out and you read it -- you will read it won't you??? -- it'll all make sense).
So I write a few little paragraphs in my head during my walk - and after getting to work and having some time to type it out; I do.  I saved my work, closed the window, went to check my email and found something Jonah's Mommy had forwarded to me.  It was a lovely email someone had sent to her, asking her to forward it along to me; it told of a super nice couple from Arkansas who took a trip to Ireland back at the beginning of the year.  One day they decided to stop and take some photos of some prayers they had for Jonah, Leah and some other very special little ones.  This is what the prayer said:


So just as I was feeling a need to write about Leah's Irish ancestor, someone who had a picture sitting unsent for months found it put in their hearts to forward it along just hours before.  And just as I was finished writing about that Irish ancestor, I find a photo of a prayer written for my daughter right at the edge of the Emerald Isle.

People. Are. Awesome.
And God is Awesome-er.

7 comments:

Jen said...

wow..that is amazing!!! I love when things like this happen, its truely God at work :)

Bushnell Family said...

It is always so nice to hear about things like this! I love how God touches us in so many ways. Always praying for all of our little butterflies...

Read about my butterfly here:
HOPE WISHES AND BUTTERFLY KISSES

asplashofsunshine said...

People are awesome... and so are YOU!

Linda said...

I totally agree. People are awesome and I think you are too.
God is always with us, you just have to look to see.
God Bless you my wonderful daughter. Love you so much!! Love Mom

Just Diane said...

God is awesome-er!! AMEN.

I LOVE you and I love Pioneer woman! I went to her book signing in Nashville last year. If you have a book signing I will come to yours too. And yes, I will read your book!

I am glad that you have people to lift you up in this time. Leah is a special little girl and she has a special mommy. I am glad to find you, Meghann.

RON said...

THE REMINDERS OF HIS GLORY ARE ALL AROUND US, WE NEED ONLY TO BEHOLD THEM."BE STILL AND LISTEN TO GOD'S WHISPER".MY HEART SOARS,MEG, WHEN I HEAR YOUR FAITH. YOUR DAD LOVES YOU VERY MUCH!

Devin said...

Hi Meghan.

I found your blog through Kristy Bolte. She is a good friend of mine...I have been inspired by your story and your precious Leah. I hope you don't mind, but in her honor, I linked to you today (along with other babies, including my own, in heaven). So, if a surprise visitor comes your way and they say they are from "Devin's blog", I just wanted to let you know who that was.

I will continue reading, and most definitely will add you to my "praying for" section of my sidebar.

I hope your day is wonderful, and filled with wonderful remembrance of your sweet girl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails