Saturday, September 25, 2010

Decorating with Leah ......

...... is easy.  When your subject is so precious - it's hard to not make things for her.

My Mommy got me this handmade Amish doll cradle.  I filled it with some of Leah's favorite toys.  Her giraffe, Duckie, one of her many doll babies, and of course, Big Bird from the video.



Then I took a super cute photo of Leah with her giraffe:


And put it next to that toy:


And then I repeated it with Duckie on the other side:


I wish I hadn't had to wash Duckie so often - he (she?) is losing some of the yellow color and his (her?) fur isn't what it used to be.  I remember Leah used to pluck at the fur like a little monkey would to pick off bugs.

The cradle and pictures are in our room; on our TV hutch.


And this is still one of my favs; and I keep Jeff's cremation pendant on there for safe keeping:



And lastly .......... I recently ordered a new urn for a portion for my butterfly angel babies ashes:


So now we have 2 official urns for Leah.  Her teddy bear urn that sits on the mantle, and this one, that is by our bed.  Since the day we brought her ashes home I have kept some in the original container on my night stand.  I wanted to get something special to keep in our room so I could still have them close by while I sleep.  I've had this new urn for well over a week and yet .......

......... I still have the plain white box with her remaining ashes sitting on my night stand. 

5 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, what a beautiful angel urn. I can't wait until I see it in person. It is probably even prettier in person.
The doll cradle looks so cute. I knew that her favorite toys would look perfect sitting all together.
Love you so much. Love Mom

Milles Family said...

I just don't know how you deal with it all. You are amazing and are certainly in my prayers. We are all so blessed having "met" Leah and her awesome family!

Alissa said...

Dear Meghann,
I recently came across your blog after visiting another BLM's. I was touched by Leah's story and your ever-present strength and courage. You are an amazing person. I wanted to let you know that I honored you with a blog award. Please check out my blog when you have a chance. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Meghann,
I am one of your lurkers...somehow I happened to come across your blog and often come back for updates. In fact, your blog is one of three that I have bookmarked in my computer. Very sorry for your loss but you are truly inspirational to others. Leah has an amazing mom! Hugs from Wisconsin

Holly said...

It's a beautiful space you created for her. The new urn is lovely

Related Posts with Thumbnails