Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Job news and website plugs

Hi everyone.

I apologize for the still somewhat funky look of the blog. Mrs. Cuddles will be available to help me out with it this weekend!  I know with her touch it'll be back to it's glory. 

On to other things ............ I am happy to announce that I am no longer unemployed!  As of next Monday I will start my new job with the Red Cross at its National Headquarters in Washington DC.  I used to work for the Red Cross in Philly .... from 2007 until just last year when I had to leave because of our move here to Maryland.  So I'm happy that after 10 months I'm able to come back to my 'family' that is the Red Cross.  So this week will be the last of my 'vacation' but I'll be glad to get back to some kind of normalcy .... and getting a paycheck. 

Awhile back when I wrote about getting ready to start applying for jobs again, super nice Kellye offered to help me out with my resume.  I wanted to give her a quick plug here since she was so great to help me out.  So if anyone out there is looking for a resume makeover, please visit her site: Professional Advantage Resumes.

And ........ I got an extra special gift in the mail yesterday.  Adrienne is one of my favorite EB Moms; she's been super great with emailing me and letting me vent these past few months.  Adrienne is Caroline's Mommy .... you can read about Caroline here.  Adrienne has a friend named Chris who makes bracelets for bereaved Mothers - and she was kind enough to coordinate everything and have a bracelet made and sent to me.

I love it.  It has amethyst beads for Leah's birthstone, her name is adorable baby blocks, and a butterfly charm. 

Here it is:




Please visit Chris's online store to check out her gorgeous creations.  I think I'm going to pick myself up a key chain sometime in the near future. 

 

It was a beautiful day here in Maryland so I took Sammie over to the pond for another walk.  She thinks the geese in the pond are the strangest things ever .... but she wants to get to them:





She only wants them when they're in the water ..... she walked a mere 3 or 4 feet away from a couple of geese sitting on the edge of the pond and she didn't show the least bit of interest.

And here she is when we got home ..... I thought the walk would tire her out, but no, she just wants to play:



Typical puppy.

Blogger Templates


Blogger Templates

4 comments:

Janel said...

I am so so happy for you!!! Congrats on the job! I know that will help you so much. Normalcy is an amazing thing. Let us know how its going!

Chris (PEZ) said...

Congratulations on your new job! Your Mom mentioned to me you were hoping for one. I'm excited for you.
Chris (PEZ)

jenlar3 said...

Congrats on the job! And that is a beautiful bracelet! Sammie is so cute, and how funny about only being interested in the geese in the water! God's blessings to you.

Linda said...

Hi Love:
Congrats again for getting the job! So happy for you.
That was so nice of Adrienne. That bracelet is beautiful. I will have to get one too.
Our EB family is so thoughtful and caring. I love them all. Take care love. I love you so much. Love Mom XOXOXOXO

Related Posts with Thumbnails