Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Puppy!

I've been meaning to put pictures of my new puppy on here for a couple days now.  She is my birthday present!  Her name is Sam; I named her after Samantha Sheridan!  I've been calling her Sammie or Samster (because she's basically just a big hamster). 

She is a 9 week old Cavachon, which is a mix of a King Charles Cavalier and a Bichon Frise. 

She is adorable!!! And a pretty darn good puppy as well.  She's playful, smart, quiet and doing very well with house training.  The main issue I'm trying to curb is her nippiness.  She'll bite at my pant legs as I'm walking, my sleeves when I'm on the floor playing with her .... and of course, fingers, hair and ear lobes when we cuddle.  But she's learning that that is not nice .... a little tap or push with my fingers and she backs off as if she's thinking "Oh right .... she doesn't like that .... oops!".

Here she is:


I haven't been able to get a really good picture of her yet .... the only time she is still is when she's sleeping ... so all the pictures I have so far look like this:



Or this:



Or awake for a moment during a napping session:



She doesn't always look so crazy .... I promise.


My cat Hannah is adjusting to Sam pretty well.  I think because Sam is so small Hannah doesn't feel threatened at all.  Here they are from the other night:



I'm pretty sure Hannah thinks the puppy is ridiculous.  : )

10 comments:

Sara Denslaw said...

MY Sam is going to flip when she finds out your dog has the same name as her too:)

Jill said...

So adorable and tiny! : )

Linda said...

So so cute. Can't wait until I can see her in person and cuddle. So glad you got your puppy. I guess that was a pretty good birthday gift. Take care love. I love you so much. Love Mom XOXOXO

jenlar3 said...

She looks adorable. How big is she supposed to get?

Cindy said...

Ohhh she is SO cute! I can't wait to hear more about her.

Lisa said...

what a darling lil' puppy! that is a great birthday gift...enjoy and watch for those piddles! heehee!
be well...
Lisa :)

Maria said...

What a darling dog. Thanks for posting.

Patrice said...

What a sweetie! I know she will bring you many moments of laughter and joy. Love you guys.
Patrice

Emelie said...

Lovely=)

A Bit of the Blarney said...

What a darling puppy. Wishing you well and God bless!! Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails